If you notice a roof leak at your home, you should know that calling for residential roof repair as soon as possible is advisable to minimize water damage and other problems. What you may not realize is that you might not notice that you do need repairs because not all situations are immediately symptomatic. Being aware of the most common reasons for needing residential roof repair will help you know when it would be wise to have your home’s roofing inspected. Here are some of the most common reasons to need residential roof repair:
- Clogged Gutters- Failure to regularly clear the gutters of debris and leaves can result in both roof damage and drainage problems.
- Storm Damage- Severe weather can damage even a relatively new roof. If you have an older roof, it can be damaged by wind easily. Any roof can be damaged by a fallen branch or hail. A roof inspection after severe weather is a wise idea.
- Landscaping Concerns- Branches that brush against your roof can cause more damage than you might expect. It doesn’t have to be very windy even for a branch to caress the roof displacing the protective top layer of shingles. This can shorten your roof’s lifespan considerably. It is highly recommended that you prune tree limbs regularly. Preferably, do not plant trees too close to your home.
- Infestations- If there are any access points where rodents, birds, bats, and insects can gain access, they will find them. Your home makes for an ideal place for nesting and getting out of the weather. Sometimes you can hear the telltale activity of your unwelcome visitors, but that doesn’t always happen. A roof inspection can advise you about infestations that could pose a threat to the life of your roofing and result in the need for residential roof repair.
- Installation Mistakes- Whether you went with the lowest bid or the previous owner did, that could have resulted in some installation mistakes that need to be corrected with residential roof repair. For example, the flashing around protrusions such as skylights, chimneys, satellite dishes, and vent pipes can be fixed, as well as taking care of any ventilation issues.
- Lack of Maintenance- A regular inspection could mean finding out you’re facing a residential roof repair bill, but it can also alert you to mistakes being made that can result in a larger repair bill down the road. It could also catch a problem before it becomes a larger, costlier repair.
Regardless of what has caused damage to the roof on your home, at Quality Home Solutions, our experienced team of roofing professionals can provide effective and efficient roof repair. We also recommend calling us for an inspection after a storm if you suspect a roof leak or simply desire peace of mind about the condition of the roof.